A Message from Founder & Senior Partner, J.R. Burke:
Thank you for taking the time to acquaint yourself with our firm, Perspective Financial Group, an Alera Group Company.
2018 marked two significant milestones for the firm:
- Effective October 1st Shane M. Johnson became a Partner and Principal of Perspective Financial Group, LLC. Shane joined the predecessor firm to PFG in 2010 and was instrumental in the transformation and rebranding of the firm in 2011 and 2012. Since then he has been a significant contributor to our growth as both Director of Business Development and Manager of Investment Services, with primary responsibilities for case design, policy and portfolio reviews, technology and marketing. During this period he also added several professional licenses and completed his CLU® and ChFC® designations from The American College. Shane has developed strong relationships with PFG’s existing clients and has a genuine passion for serving the needs of others.
- Effective November 1st Perspective Financial Group (Perspective) became an Alera Group company. Alera Group is a leading national employee benefits, property and casualty, risk management and wealth management firm.
Our merger with Alera Group is significant for several reasons. It broadens our capabilities and resources and provides the assurance that our clients will be served long into the future. As a result, it has been a seamless transition for our clients as all of our employees remained with the firm and we have maintained our relationships with M Financial Group and its Broker Dealer, M Holdings Securities. As always, our goal is to meet the unique needs of each of our clients through coordinated planning, implementation of industry-leading products and responsive service and thus to elevate the client experience. By combining the capabilities of Alera Group with our existing relationship with M Financial Group, we are now better suited to do just that.
As I reflect back on my over 44 years as a Financial Advisor several thoughts come to mind:
- As the world seems to become more uncertain and complicated, the certainty and simplicity that our planning and financial solutions provide for our clients becomes more valuable.
- We are not resting on our laurels. Every day we strive to get better and improve upon our core values:
- ACCOUNTABILITY – we honor our commitments, take personal responsibility for our actions and focus on solutions.
- INTEGRITY – we do the right thing for our clients in all aspects of our business, demonstrating honesty, fairness and respect.
- INNOVATION – we are students of our business, constantly learning about new techniques, ideas and solutions for our clients.
- COMMUNITY – we are active in our communities through involvement, volunteerism and charitable giving.
- PERSPECTIVE – this has the dual meaning of using our knowledge and experience to apply Creativity, Perspective and Objectivity to our clients, and taking the time to have a balanced and meaningful non-business life.
- We are a secure company that is focused on the long-term view. Our clients and their other advisors can be confident that their plans and products will be monitored and serviced in the future.
- In this regard, we have made substantial investments in the resources, technology and processes required to scale our capabilities commensurate with the firm’s growth, so that we can continue to provide our services in a responsive and up-to-date manner.
- We are structured to remain entrepreneurial and independent of any insurance or investment companies because we believe that is best for our clients. Through Alera and our continuing relationship with M Financial Group, we can maintain this independence while still having access to ideas, products and support that would normally only be available to a larger or captive organization.
- The value proposition of any personal services firm is measured by the capabilities of its people. Collectively our professionals have over 250 years of Financial Services Industry experience. We believe in them and their capabilities and are proud of the long tenure of our team and its low turnover – four of us have worked together for over 20 years.
- We are sensitive to the inherent conflicts of interest in our business and always put the needs of our clients first.
We believe that our integration of insurance and investments with financial, estate and business planning differentiates us as financial advisors. We continually strive to maintain and improve our unique ability to simplify the communication of complicated financial products and sophisticated planning techniques.
We are grateful for the trust our clients have placed in us to manage their insurance and financial affairs. At Perspective Financial Group, we rely completely on referrals and personal contacts to meet new clients. If you know of anyone who could benefit from meeting us, please let us know.
Thank you for your continued confidence in our firm and its services. As always, please do not hesitate to contact our office should you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a meeting. We hope this is a healthy and prosperous year for you.
File #: 2571329.1