A Message from Founder & Senior Partner, J.R. Burke:
Thank you for taking the time to acquaint yourself with our firm, Perspective Financial Group, an Alera Group Company.
It’s now been 18 months that we have lived with and through the COVID-19 pandemic. As I reflect back, several thoughts come to mind:
I think we all have become more grateful for our families and friends and more conscious of the simple things in life. Many of our lives were too complicated and we have found that we do not miss the stress that was associated with certain activities that we couldn’t do anymore. Many of us have rekindled relationships with old friends that we lost track of and that has been refreshing.
We have been reminded how quickly life can change. The theme of live for today but plan for tomorrow now has much more relevance.
Perspective Financial Group (Perspective) has been busier than ever, for which we feel extremely fortunate. Collectively we have adjusted to working remotely and have learned new technology. We have found that clients are more focused on their financial, estate and business planning and want to make sure that their affairs are current and in order. Interestingly, in my last “Message” in early 2019 I wrote: As the world seems to become more uncertain and complicated, the certainty and simplicity that our planning and financial solutions provide for our clients becomes more valuable.
It has also been almost 3 years since we merged with Alera Group, and it has been a very positive experience for Perspective and our clients. Having the support of a National Firm as we transitioned into the new pandemic work environment was invaluable. We have recently returned to our offices on a hybrid basis, with guidance from Alera on safe protocols that we need to follow.
Our merger with Alera Group was significant for many reasons. It broadened our capabilities and resources, made Perspective a more secure company with a clear path into the future and further provided the assurance that our clients will continually be served. It was also a seamless transition for our clients as all of our employees remained with the firm and we maintained our relationships with M Financial Group and its Broker Dealer, M Holdings Securities. As always, our goals are to meet the unique needs of each of our clients through coordinated planning, implementation of industry-leading products and responsive service and thus to elevate the client experience. By combining the capabilities of Alera Group with our existing relationship with M Financial Group, we are now better positioned to do just that.
As I reflect back on my over 45 years as a Financial Advisor several additional thoughts come to mind:
- We are not resting on our laurels. Every day we strive to get better and improve upon our core values:
- ACCOUNTABILITY – we honor our commitments, take personal responsibility for our actions and focus on solutions.
- INTEGRITY – we are sensitive to the inherent conflicts of interest in our business and always put the needs of our clients first and we do the right thing for our clients in all aspects of our business, demonstrating honesty, fairness and respect.
- INNOVATION – we are students of our business, constantly learning about new techniques, ideas and solutions for our clients.
- COMMUNITY – we are active in our communities through involvement, volunteerism and charitable giving.
- PERSPECTIVE – this has the dual meaning of using our knowledge and experience to apply Creativity, Perspective and Objectivity to our clients, and taking the time to have a balanced and meaningful non-business life.
- We are a secure company that is focused on the long-term view. Our clients and their other advisors can be confident that their plans and products will be monitored and serviced in the future.
- In this regard, we have made substantial investments in the resources, technology and processes required to scale our capabilities commensurate with the firm’s growth, so that we can continue to provide our services in a responsive and up-to-date manner.
- We are structured to remain entrepreneurial and independent of any insurance or investment companies because we believe that is best for our clients. Through Alera and our continuing relationship with M Financial Group, we can maintain this independence while still having access to ideas, products and support that would normally only be available to a larger or captive organization.
- The value proposition of any personal services firm is measured by the capabilities of its people. Collectively our professionals have over 223 years of Financial Services Industry experience. We believe in them and their capabilities and are proud of the long tenure of our team and its low turnover – four of us have worked together for over 22 years.
We believe that our integration of insurance and investments with financial, estate and business planning differentiates us as Financial Advisors. We continually strive to maintain and improve our unique ability to simplify the communication of complicated financial products and sophisticated planning techniques.
We are grateful for the trust our clients have placed in us to manage their insurance and financial affairs. At Perspective Financial Group, we rely completely on referrals and personal contacts to meet new clients. If you know of anyone who could benefit from meeting us, please let us know.
Thank you for your continued confidence in our firm and its services. As always, please do not hesitate to contact our office should you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a meeting. We hope this is a healthy and prosperous time for you.
File #: 3863334.2